Today’s topic is about where to find backlinks for your site. Not just any backlinks, but really good sources and high-value links. I will cover the basics, move on to manually setting up the best link system in the world (hypothetically), then share a tool with you that actually builds this ‘hypothetical’ goldmine for links. You don’t want to miss this one!
When Google was still a college project, they realized some major flaws in the basic design of most search engines at the time. They never separated the ads from the search results, so their results were based on highest bidder, not the most relevant pages. Google decided to look at all of the links on the web and use that as a gauge for determining a pages quality.
As Google became public (and popular), webmasters began to game the system and acquire backlinks from anywhere they could in order to boost their rank. As this happened, the system began to lose it’s value since it became a game of acquiring links indiscriminately and once again involved cash to influence their results.
Flash forward through several years of this game and Google now gives a high value to links that come from a webpage that matches your sites topic. This is called ‘relevance’ which means that the pages are somewhat related, even if not a perfect match. The closer to a perfect match you get, the more relevant the page is and the bigger the boost you get from the keywords used in that link.
Here’s the thing… as the relevance increases, the value of that link increases exponentially. This means that you need 100 links from ‘useless pages’ to equal the value from 10 links from decent pages which is equal to just one of the sweetest links you could possibly engineer. While the actual numbers may vary, they do scale out to where massive links from irrelevant sources don’t matter when pitted against a few highly relevant links.
I covered link text (the words you click on) and how to use that to influence your ranking in my last topic. That article was based on the keyword research you performed in an even earlier article in this series. When a link to your site uses your target keywords – and the page that link is on is related to your keywords – you get an even bigger boost in value for the words used in the link than if only some parts of this formula were used.
But wait! There’s more! Part of the value of the page linking to you has to do with the value of the pages that are linking to it. In other words, if a page links to you using our perfect link formula so far… good keyword research, well-built links, placed on highly relevant pages… and this page has nothing else linking to it (it is not liked at all), then it is still only of moderate value. But if we use the same ‘perfect formula’ so far and add a lot of links coming into that page (popular page), then the link value skyrockets! And if the links coming into it are relevant to the page linking to you…. welcome to the space age!
The ‘Perfect’ Link Strategy
To squeeze the most value from a link…
1) Do your keyword research. Since this is the ‘best link possible’, pick a very relevant, high value term without concern for the competition. Try to avoid single-word keywords as these markets are unusually fierce. Most purchases from an online retailer will follow a 2-4 word keyphrase search in Google.
2) Build a top-value backlink using your keywords as the link text. ‘Link text’ is the word or words that you click on, when clicking a link.
3) Put that link on a different websites’ page talking about your high-value keywords. This should be an article. Your link will appear ‘contextually’ (within the main content), which is the highest value location on a page. It will appear on a page written about your specific niche (relevance). It will use your keywords in the pages title and in it’s URL. These are a collection of very high-value criteria that search engines look at when determining rank.
4) Turn the page that your link/content is on into a very important page. Use this link formula to get links to the page linking to your site.
* The total value of the link to your site is astronomical. You have received a very targeted link from a very respected page with tons of relevance to your target keyphrase. Those are several high-value criteria for SEO links.
5) Do this again and again using subtle variations in your link such as linking to different pages within your site (not just the homepage, also called Deep Linking) and by using different keyword phrases. Try to keep your keywords relevant to the page you are pointing to. If people click on “blue suede shoes” to get to your “ruby slippers” page, then you are not being very relevant. Relevancy is a huge factor in SEO.
* You won’t be able to gain much value if this is always done with the same sites over and over. You will want to get links from different websites on different hosts using different IP addresses owned by different people. Your goal is to use different C-Class IP addresses. A class C IP is determined by the first 3 ‘octals’, or segments, of the IP. AAA.BBB.CCC.xxx In backlinking, you want your links to come from IPs with different AAA.BBB.CCC parts. A different xxx number with the same ABC numbers is still within the same C-Class.
Get No-Spank Backlinks Easily
I’ve explained to you exactly how to setup a hypothetical ‘best link’ on your own, the problem is that this is beyond difficult to do in real life and to keep track of all of the sites required to pull this off so that they are spread out across hosts and domain ownership records is mind-boggling. If you actually bargained to get your link on other peoples websites, it could take days or months of your life chasing sites who don’t respond to you. But there IS a better way…
There is a service that works very similar to this ‘perfect storm’ link scenario. Actually, there is another layer of links that point to the pages that point to your articles which point to your website (intense link value) when using this system. Their vast resources allow them to have no ‘footprint’ as a link building tool. Their network contains so many sites on so many servers owned by so many different people that there is no ‘signature’ to find and there are no links required from your own website. What you are getting are the highest quality links from quality websites. This appears completely natural… because it is natural.
If you do the math on the number of links you get, it is actually a very reasonable price for such expertly crafted links. Their effectiveness is amazing, not one user of my system has ever canceled because it didn’t work. It always works!
This is not the kind of service which removes your links from their system if you choose not to renew, so it is truly an investment in the future rank for your website. Why would you pay anything for a disappearing link? That makes no sense!
AutoMapIt Backlinks provides professional support by email. If you want to rank as fast as possible without sending up red flags in the search engines, this is the perfect system for you.